Henry County to Limit Government Services
Facilities will be closed for one week
Henry County Government is taking extra precautions to minimize exposure to the coronavirus by limiting its services to the public and closing all county facilities to the public from Monday, March 16 through Friday, March 20.
The Board of Commissioners meeting originally scheduled for Tuesday, March 17 has also been cancelled. A video presentation on Henry County’s response to the coronavirus outbreak will air at that time.
See below for county services that have been altered:
- Henry County Transit will only be providing critical medical transport for dialysis patients
- Henry County Community Development is postponing its series of Needs Assessment meetings for the County’s 2020-2024 Consolidated Plan and its associated 2020 Annual Action Plan
- Henry County Parks and Recreation facilities and programs are temporary cancelled. Those who reserved a county facility for a private event, please call 770-288-7276
- Henry County Senior Centers will be closed
- Henry County Recycling Center will be closed
See below for county services that are offered online:
Building and Plan Review
Planning and Zoning
Annual fire inspections will be prioritized based on higher risk target locations upon removal of suspended activities.
Tax and Tag Office
- Motor Vehicles- Tag renewal, Payment of insurance fines and Check status of vehicle insurance
- Property Tax- Make Property Tax payments (Full or Partial), Check balance of Property Tax Bill and Download Homestead information
- Occupational Tax/Business License- Renewal of business license
There are two kiosks locations available for citizens to renew tags located inside of the Kroger Grocery Stores—Kroger-Ellenwood at 101 Fairview Rd in Ellenwood and Kroger-McDonough at 301 Jonesboro Rd. in McDonough. Drop boxes are located at the Stockbridge and McDonough Tag office locations that the public can utilize; midnight April 1, 2020 is the deadline for placing forms in the drop box.
- Forms regarding return of real property; return of aircraft, business and marine personal property; the application for freeport exemption; and the county's homestead exemption application are available on www.qpublic.net/ga/henry/. All forms may be mailed to the office and must be postmarked on or before April 1, 2020.
Henry County Courts are also temporarily closed to the public on Monday, March 16 through Monday, March 30 and court dates up through March 30 have been rescheduled.
For more information for the rescheduling of court dates please call the State Court at 770-288-7800; Magistrate Court at 770-288-7700; Juvenile Court at 770-288-6866; Solicitor General at 770-288-7178; and Superior General at 770-288-8022 or logon to henrycounty-ga.com and follow the links for each court.
Early voting suspended and Presidential Primary postponed until May
Due to mounting concerns over the Covid-19 Virus and the current State of Emergency, Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger has moved the Presidential Preference Primary from March 24, 2020 to coincide with the State Primary scheduled for May 19, 2020. The Presidential Preference Primary (and associated special elections) has been moved/postponed. It has not been cancelled.
Every vote already cast, whether by mail or in person, WILL be counted in May for the Presidential Preference Primary. All in-person absentee voting has ended as of Saturday March 14, 2020. Absentee by mail is strongly encouraged.
Beginning Monday, March 16, Henry County Elections office will be closed to the public as a precautionary measure to guard against the coronavirus – COVID – 19. Visit http://www.co.henry.ga.us/Departments/D-L/Elections-Registration for more information.