Sam Baker is the Director of Transportation Planning with the Henry County Government. In this role, he manages the County’s transportation planning program and helps implement transportation projects from concept to construction in coordination with various partners in the federal government, state government, and the Atlanta Regional Commission. He has been with Henry County since December 2019.
Sam has 17 years of transportation planning experience. Prior to joining Henry County, he had been a transportation planning manager with the Gainesville-Hall Metropolitan Planning Organization in Hall County, Georgia. Sam also worked as a planner for the Georgia Department of Transportation, Georgia Department of Community Affairs, and Missoula County in Missoula, Montana.
Sam holds a bachelor’s degree in architecture and a master’s degree in city and regional planning from The Ohio State University. In addition, he holds an MBA from Kennesaw State University. Sam is a member of the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP).
- Henry County Press Release, December 6, 2019
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution News Article, December 6, 2019
- Henry Herald News Article, December 10, 2019
- Henry County Times Article, February 12, 2020
- Henry Herald News Article, May 8, 2020
- Henry Herald News Article, August 10, 2020
- LinkedIn Profile