If You See Something, Say Something
We like to provide positive recognition to Henry County employees who are doing it right! If you witness a county employee going above and beyond in the safety measures he or she takes on the job, please let us know. Also, if you witness a Henry County employee performing his or her duties in an unsafe manner, including the operation of a county vehicle, please report the incident with as much information as possible, and Risk Management will investigate the incident. Reports of both should be sent to: email@example.com.
The Risk and Safety Management Department strives to serve Henry County through the reduction of risks, as well as ensure a safe working environment for county employees. Risk Management accomplishes this objective through the provision of risk assessments, safety awareness programs, training, employee accountability programs and internal analysis services.
The department administers Henry County's property and casualty insurance programs, oversees various liability matters relating to the county and its employees, and provides loss control services. The department also manages the administration of the Workmen's Compensation Program.
The department is responsible for a number of risk management and safety issues for the county government and its employees, including but not limited to, the following:
- Mitigate potential safety and risk issues for county employees, the citizens of and visitors to the county
- Identify unsafe working conditions for county employees and make recommendations for corrective action
- Conduct safety inspections of county work sites, buildings and facilities
- Provide and/or coordinate safety training (safe driving skills, CPR, highway flagging, etc.) to county employees
- Develop risk management and safety-related policies
- Oversee Henry County’s Workman's Compensation Program
- Coordinate day-to-day administration of pending insurance claims.