|HENRY COUNTY, GA- April 6, 2021—The Henry County Board of Commissioners approved several resolutions at the April 6 Commission meeting. Items approved include:|
• Fire Department resolutions- awarded T&T Uniforms South, Inc. of Jonesboro, Ga a bid in the amount of $5,114.45 for the purchase of uniforms; accepted a donation of $500 from Smith, Welch, Webb and White, a $2,000 donation from David Rogers and a $2,500 donation from C&C Sales and Training Faithful Guardian Southside for a total amount of $5,000 for funding EMS Week; and accepted a donation of $500 from Janice Barrett in honor of Mr. Jerry Durant for Fire Station No. 12 and its members.
• Police Department resolution-awarded the purchase of nine Ford Explorer pursuit vehicles from Wade Ford of Smyrna, Ga in the amount of $350,654.23.
• Transportation Planning resolution- approved the contract with Pond and Company to update the Henry County Comprehensive Transportation Plan and develop a Henry County Trails Master Plan in the amount of $625,000. The Atlanta Regional Commission will provide $500,000, and the Henry County Department of Transportation Planning has allocated $125,000 in its FY 2021 budget to fund this project.
• Building and Plan Review resolutions- approved the request for a new street light district for Traditions at Crystal Lake, Phase III Pod C Subdivision on Traditions Lane located in District II; and approved the request for an addition of one streetlight to an existing street light district for Eagles Landing Country Club Subdivision on Cypress Point located in District IV.
• Parks and Recreation resolution- approved the purchase of fencing for Avalon Park to All Advanced Fence in the amount of $31,000.00 utilizing Capital Funds.
• Public Works resolution- awarded a contract for quarry aggregate to Vulcan Materials Company, a local company, in the amount of $387,047.
• County Manager resolutions-authorized the installation of a road marker on Airline Road at Oglesby Bridge Road in recognition of Gabrielle Brown, a resident of District IV, who was crowned Junior National Miss Forestry Queen in November of 2020; and approved a board compensation increase for the Henry County Board of Assessors and the Henry County Board of Elections and Registration.
• Human Resources resolution-approved and adopted the Henry County Employee Benefit and Medical Insurance Plans for 2021-2022.
• SPLOST resolutions- awarded a bid to K-Team Engineering & Construction for the renovation of the existing concession/restroom building at North Ola Park located in District III in the amount of $111,892; and awarded a bid to Falcon Design Consultants, LLC for the design services for North Ola Park sidewalks and road widening in the $73,352.00.
For more information or to view the meeting in its entirety, visit co.henry.ga.us/watchTV or log on to the Henry County Facebook page.