|HENRY COUNTY, GA- January 22, 2021— The Henry County Board of Commissioners approved several resolutions at the January 20 Commission meeting. Items included board appointments and non-support of an inland port in Henry County. Board appointments are as follows:|
• At-Large Henry First Appointee-Cherice Hollis with a term that runs concurrently with the commission term.
• District II Henry First Appointee- reappointment of Cletonya Stidom with a term that runs concurrently with the commission term.
• District II Development Authority Appointee- reappointment of David Linton to a four-year term.
• District II Water Authority Appointee- reappointment of Cletonya Stidom to a two-year term.
• District II Recreation Board Appointee- reappointment of Alfred Williams to a four-year term.
• District II Advisory Board Appointee- reappointment of Susan King to a two-year term.
Commissioners also supported a resolution expressing non-support for an inland port in the county. The resolution read, in part “Whereas, The Henry County Board of Commissioners are in support of transportation options and solutions to reduce freight traffic along County roadways, but does not support the rezoning of any property for an inland port use, nor does the Board of Commissioners support the issuance of any development permits for such use.”
The approved resolution will be forwarded to the attention of the Georgia Port Authority.
For more information or to view the meeting in its entirety, visit henrycounty-ga.com/watchTV or log onto the Henry County Facebook page.