Paint Recycling Event!
JULY 23, 2016
Bring your old or unused paint! We have partnered with Atlanta Paint Disposal to take your unneeded or unused paint and give it a new purpose in life. Atlanta Paint Disposal charges a small fee to collect, process and recycle the paint you bring.
Download Event Flyer
Recycling Items Accepted
We no longer accept plastics #3, 4, 5, and 7, which includes such items as yogurt and margarine tubs, cooking oil bottles, PVC pipes, plastic shower curtains and other plastics.
Accepted Items must be separated as follows:
- Clear glass
- Brown glass
- Green glass
- Plastics #1, such as juice, soda and water bottles
- Plastics #2 such as milk jugs and liquid detergent bottles
- Office paper
- Newspaper and magazines
- Acid-based batteries, such as those from a car or lawnmower
- Motor oil
- Residential cooking oil
- Scrap metal, such as appliances, lawn mowers and tin cans
- Please see the Recycle Center attendant for assistance with Yard waste
- Live Christmas Trees
The Recycling Center will also take appliances, such as washers, dryers and any appliance where scrap metal can be salvaged, all free of charge. However, the facility is strictly a recycling center and will no longer accept any trash, bulk items that can’t be recycled, or tires.
- July 4, 2016 Independence Day – Monday
- September 5, 2016 Labor Day – Monday
- November 11, 2016 Floating Holiday (Veteran’s Day) – Wednesday
- November 24, 2016 Thanksgiving Holiday – Thursday
- November 25, 2016 Thanksgiving Holiday – Friday
- December 26, 2016 Christmas Eve – Thursday
- December 27, 2016 Christmas Day – Friday
- December 30, 2016 Floating Holiday (New Year’s Eve) – Thursday