Becoming a Notary Public and applicable laws are available through the Georgia Superior Court Clerks' Cooperative Authority (GSCCCA).
Renewal Applications must be processed PRIOR TO EXPIRATION of an existing, active Henry County notary commission. A commission can be renewed no earlier than 30 days prior to expiration.
Effective March 21, 2011 - Notary Fees have Changed:
HB 41 recently passed and signed by the Governor changes Notary Appointment fees to - $37.00
HB 41 provides ”that the judicial operations fund fee shall not apply to the issuance of certificates of appointment and reappointment of notaries public." Therefore, effective immediately, the fee for the issuance of a certificate of appointment or reappointment should not include the $125 Judicial Operations Fund Fee.
Notary Application Fees
- New Commission: $37.00
- Renewal Commission, in office: $37.00
- Renewal Commission, by mail (must pay by credit card)
New & Renewal Application Instructions
- You must apply in the county in which you reside. When applying for a New Notary Commission, the character witnesses must also be residents of Henry County and they must sign the application.
- Please go to www.gsccca.org/projects/npapp.asp to complete an application. Completed applications should be brought to this office for processing within 30 days of the online entry. Applications not processed within 30 days will be deleted from the online system.
- Please bring in a valid driver's license. Make sure that the address on the application matches the address on your license. Should the addresses not match, you must provide a utility bill showing your name and current address. Between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4;15 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- The Clerks' Authority (GSCCCA) is offering notary training for those interested. This training is optional. For more information, go to training.gsccca.org.
Special Instructions for Renewal by Mail
- Please remember, we cannot process a renewal application any sooner than 30 days prior to expiration, nor can we process the application if the commission has already expired. Any renewal packets received in this office after the expiration date will be rejected.
- When completing the application packet online with the GSCCCA, please follow all instructions carefully. Failure to do so could cause your application to be rejected.
- Payment information will be entered during the application process at the GSCCCA website. GSCCCA will not charge your credit card until your application is processed and accepted in this Clerk's Office. In the event of a Card Error message during processing, we must reject the application packet back to you in the mail without processing. You would then need to complete another application.
- A Renewal Application By Mail that includes a name change cannot be processed unless proof of the name change is provided.
Last updated: Tuesday March 22 2011