In response to the economic impact of COVID-19, Henry County, Georgia, has received approximately $8.5 million from the U.S. Department of Treasury. On Tuesday, August 11, 2020 the Board of Commissioners voted to accept these funds, and on Tuesday, August 18, 2020 the Board of Commissioners voted to allocate a portion of these funds to assist small businesses and residents impacted by COVID-19. $5,074,784 of fund balance is allocated to assist small businesses and individuals of Henry County.
Henry County Government will be accepting, reviewing and evaluating submitted applications from small business and non-profit agencies located in the county. Applicants must provide services to Henry County residents. This includes unincorporated Henry County and the Cities of Hampton, Locust Grove, McDonough and Stockbridge. Further details and eligibility requirements are contained within each application. Small businesses will receive grants of up to $10,000. Individuals will be assisted through grants to non-profits.
Applicants will be deemed ineligible if any owner/operator/board member is presently suspended, debarred, proposed for debarment, declared ineligible, voluntarily excluded from participation by any federal department or agency, or presently involved in any bankruptcy.
Henry County Grant Applications
• Small Business Assistance
• Non-Profit Assistance
Henry County Individual Assistance
Henry County offers reimbursements to local Non-Profit agencies which provide direct assistance to individuals. Although Henry County Government does not award direct assistance to individuals under this program, if you are a Henry County individual citizen or family in need of food, rent or mortgage assistance, utility assistance or other COVID-19 related negative impacts, you may be eligible for assistance under one of the following Non-Profits (check back as new agencies are added after they are approved at each Board of Commissioners meeting). Each Non-Profit Awardee serves different needs, so please visit their websites to determine your eligibility or for more information.
*Please note that each Non-Profit agency has its own eligibility criteria. Henry County Government does not determine the eligibility of individuals seeking direct assistance from Non-Profits and has no authority over the award or decline of applications for direct assistance from any Non-Profit Awardee agency, so long as the agency's use of county funding follows federal, state, and local laws in its vetting, awarding, operational and financial administration processes.
- Samaritans Together https://samaritanstogetherofhenrycounty.org/
- Connecting Henry https://www.co.henry.ga.us/Departments/A-C/Connecting-Henry
- Raise Me Up Foundation https://raisemeupfoundation.org/
- Operation Lunchbox https://www.operationlunchbox.org/
- McDonough Presbyterian Church http://mcdonoughpresbyterian.com/
- Miracle Mission Hope House http://mmhopehouse.org
- People Help Exchange https://peoplehelpexchange.org/
- Dream Center of Henry County https://dreamcenterhenrycounty.org/
- Light of the World Christian Tabernacle https://comeintothelight.org/
- Jimmie Lee Smith Community Center http://www.jlscc.org/
- Grace Baptist Church http://gracebaptistatl.org/