Henry County Probate Court
Hours of operation on Friday, December 13, 2013: 10:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Our office will delay opening until 10:00 a.m. on Friday, December 13, 2013 due to a staff meeting. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Parties seeking a marriage license may do so at the Henry County Probate Court, 99 Sims Street, McDonough, Georgia 30253 between 8:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M., Monday – Friday. To avoid waiting, you may make an appointment online to see a clerk by selecting the following link: Marriage License Appointments
- The cost of a marriage license is $76.00. The Court accepts cash, money order, checks, MasterCard and Visa.
- If you and your spouse-to-be have had pre-marital education or counseling, you are eligible to purchase a marriage license at the reduced price of $36.00. To receive the reduced price, complete the State Certification Form regarding your pre-marital education or counseling and present it to the clerk when you apply for your marriage license. Please note the clerk cannot provide the discount without a completed State Certification Form.
- Parties seeking a marriage license should be prepared to supply information to the following types of questions: Sample Marriage License Questions
- BOTH PARTIES TO THE MARRIAGE MUST BE PRESENT WHEN APPLYING FOR THE MARRIAGE LICENSE. The husband-to-be and the wife-to-be must be present before the clerk at the same time to apply for a marriage license.
- BOTH PARTIES TO THE MARRIAGE MUST BE PREPARED TO PROVE THEIR AGES. Applicants for a marriage license shall, at the time of applying, furnish the clerk with one of the following documents (which includes each applicant’s full name and birthdate) to prove his and her ages:
- Birth certificate;
- Driver’s license;
- Baptismal certificate;
- Certificate of birth registration;
- Selective service card;
- Court record;
- Immigration papers;
- Alien papers;
- Citizenship papers;
- Armed forces discharge papers;
- Armed forces identification card;
- Hospital admission card; or
- Affidavit (available only to applicants appearing to the Judge to be at least 25 years of age or older).
- PARITES TO THE MARRIAGE MUST BE PREPARED TO PROVIDE A COPY OF HIS AND/OR HER FINAL DIVORCE DECREE, if applicable. If a party or both parties to the marriage were previously married and divorced, he and/or she must provide a copy of the final divorce decree showing the signature of the judge signing the decree and the date said divorce was granted at the time of applying for the marriage license.
Last updated: Thursday November 07 2013