Henry County Police Department
The Certification Manager is a law enforcement professional who manages and maintains continual compliance with all applicable standards of the Georgia Association of Chiefs of Police. Certification is a promulgation of standards containing a clear statement of professional objectives. These objectives are a time-proven way of helping law enforcement agencies to improve their overall performances. Henry County Police Department, in the early stages of re-certification, aims to improve delivery of law enforcement services by offering a body of standards, developed by law enforcement practitioners, covering a wide range of up-to-date law enforcement topics. Certification status represents a significant professional achievement. The following are benefits of certification:
- Confirmation that agency practices are consistent with progressive professional standards.
- Greater operational and administrative effectiveness.
- Enhanced understanding of agency policies and practices.
- Recognition in the field of outstanding achievement.
- Reduced liability potential.
- Greater governmental and community support.
The Certification Manager not only manages and maintains certification files, but also assists the Commander of the Support Services Division on a daily basis.
Last updated: Tuesday June 09 2009