Parks & Recreation
2016 Photo Contest
As you and your family enjoy Henry County Parks for your leisure activities, bring along your camera and take pictures. Then submit your best recreation photos to win some fantastic prizes! We are looking for photos that capture your enjoyment of Henry County Parks. The pictures can capture youth at play, sports and action, nature and wildlife, or just a picnic under a shade tree. Go ahead and take your best shot!
- Sports & Action
- Nature & Wildlife
- People, Pets, and Parks
- All photos must be taken at a Henry County Parks and Recreation (HCPRD) park, facility, activity or event. Please note that this excludes Panola State Park in Henry County. Pictures taken during programs and events sponsored by HCPRD but occur off park property are eligible for entry.
- Acceptable entries may include color, black & white, film, and digital. Digitally altered photography is accepted but anything beyond the typical digital darkroom work is not.
- Commercial & client work is ineligible.
- Photographers must be at least 18 years or older in order to participate in the contest.
- Limit 2 entries per person per category. Categories include: Sports & Action, Nature & Wildlife, and People, Pets, and Parks.
- Color prints must be no smaller than 5”x7” and no larger than 11”x14”. The entry form must be attached to each print entry.
- Digital photos may be submitted by email or copied to a CD clearly marked with entrant’s name and number of photos. Photos should be in jpeg format with a minimum resolution of 1024x768 or 2000 pixels on the long side of the photo. Name the files with your name, category and photo # (example: John Doe_NW_01). This would represent your file as John Doe>Nature and Wildlife>photo #1. Digital photos must be accompanied by a print out of the images (may be on one sheet of paper) with entry form attached. Entries that are submitted by email must attach an entry form along with the entries.
- County employees and contractors are ineligible for the photo contest.
- All entries must be received by October 7, 2016.
- Photographers agree by entering contest to give permission to HCPRD to use their images in brochures, any Henry County facility and on HCPRD’s website to promote programs in Henry County. Pictures may be displayed in exhibits, exhibited online and in department brochures and/or calendars. Photos will not be returned.
- Photographers retain all copyright and ownership of their original work.
- By entering the contest the participants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Henry County Board of Commissioners, its affiliates, employees, and officers from any issues, losses, or actions emanating from or in relation to the photo contest. This would include any losses or issues related to third party claims of copyright infringement or violations of personal privacy.
- Each participant in the photo contest is responsible for ensuring that they possess the full rights to the photos that they are submitting. Each participant is responsible for accurately titling and describing their photos.
- HCPRD reserves the right to reject any entry that does not comply with the above stated guidelines. HCPRD at its sole discretion reserves the right to terminate, suspend, or modify the photo contest.
Printed entries may be mailed or dropped off at one of the following locations:
Henry County Parks and Recreation
ATTN: Kathy Hunt
99 Lake Dow Road
McDonough, GA 30252
Henry County Board of Commissioners
ATTN: Meredith Butler
140 Henry Parkway
McDonough, GA 30253
Digital entries may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org Please ensure that all entries include the application. Download the rules and application here.
There will be prizes and awards for Best of Show, 1st, 2nd, 3rd overall and 3 Honorable Mentions for each category. Winners will be notified by email (or mail).