Incident & Accident
The Henry County Police Department
Records Unit is a sub-division of the Support Services Division.
The Records Unit is responsible for processing and maintaining
reports and files. They processed and maintained approximately
24,926 case files in 2009. The Records Unit is located inside
the Police Headquarters at 108 South Zack Hinton Parkway,
McDonough, GA 30253 and is open Monday - Friday from 7:00 a.m.
until 6:00 p.m. An Incident Report or Accident Report may be
obtained in person from the Records Unit for $5.00 for Henry County residents and a $10.00 fee for those that reside outside Henry County. Please
allow 3 business days (or 72 hours) from the date the report
was filed before a request for a copy of the report is made.
Family Violence Reports cannot be obtained unless an arrest has been made. Accident Reports can only be obtained by parties involved in the accident, vehicle owners or insurance companies of parties involved in the accident.
You may order accident reports online via BuyCrash.com. Please note, incident reports are not currently available online.
Order By Mail
To request a report by mail, send a cashier’s check or money order payable to the Henry County Police Department, along with the case number, your name, and a self addressed stamped envelope to:
Henry County Police Department
108 South Zack Hinton Parkway
McDonough, GA 30253
Criminal History Reports
The Records Unit accepts requests
for Georgia Criminal History Reports for personal or employment
reasons. Request for Criminal History information must be
made in person. You must present valid photo identification,
Social Security Card and complete and sign a waiver form.
There is a $25.00 fee to obtain your
personal Criminal History information which can be paid by
either cash or cashiers check or money order payable to the
Henry County Police Department. No Criminal History information
on third parties will be released (i.e. You cannot obtain
Criminal History information on anyone other than yourself).
The Records Unit is responsible for
issuing Alcohol Badges for employees who wish to work at establishments
in unincorporated Henry County where such a permit is required
by Henry County Ordinance. The Records Unit receives and reviews
applications, conducts background checks on applicants and
issues permits Monday – Friday from 8:00AM until 4:30PM
and is located at the Police Headquarters at 108 South Zack
Hinton Parkway, McDonough, GA 30253.
Persons wishing to obtain an alcohol
badge will be required to present a drivers license and a
social security card. Required fees are to be paid in the form of cash or money order only.
Alcoholic Beverage Permit Rules and Regulations
As per Henry
County Ordinance Number 07-09, effective November 26,
2007, the following rules and regulations for possessing an
alcoholic beverage permit are in effect.
- No person shall be employed by a retail beer and/or wine
establishment until such person has applied for and received
a permit from the Henry County Police Department. Prior
to issuing a permit, the Henry County Police Department
shall conduct a background check on the applicant and shall
collect a non-refundable investigative fee of $25.00 from
the applicant to offset the cost of this background check.
- The application shall include the name, address, date
of birth, general description of the applicant; height,
weight, hair color, eye color, social security number and
driver’s license or picture I.D.
- No alcoholic beverage permit shall be issued to any person
- Has been convicted of more than one DUI offense within
two (2) years or the date off application;
- Is currently serving probation pursuant to any plea
under the First Offender Act;
- Has been convicted of any felony;
- Has been convicted, within five (5) years from the
date of application for a permit, of any misdemeanor
crime of moral turpitude;
- Has been convicted, within five (5) years of the
date of application for a permit, as a habitual violator.(A
conviction shall include an adjudication of guilt, a
plea of guilty or a plea of nolo contendere in any criminal
- In addition to the $25.00 background fee a fee of $10.00 shall be charged upon the issuance/renewal
of the permit which shall be valid for twelve (12) months
from the date of issue. The permit shall be in the form
of a picture identification (I.D.) badge.
- It shall be the duty of all persons holding any license
to sell alcoholic beverages to file with the Henry County
Police Department the name of the establishment, the license
number and a list of all employees, with their home addresses
and home telephone numbers twice annually on/or before June
1 and again on/or before December 1 of each year.
- All permits issued through administrative error can be
terminated by the Henry County Police Department.
- No licensee shall allow any employee required to hold
a permit to work on the licensed premises without displaying,
on their person in public view, the permit issued by the
Henry County Police Department.
- In the event that any permit holder leaves the employment
of a licensed establishment, the licensee shall immediately
surrender the permit to the Henry County Police Department.
- All permits issued remain the property of the Henry County
Police Department and shall be worn by the employee at all
times while at work or on duty with the licensed establishment.
The following items will be needed in order to process your request for expungement: cash or money order for fee that applies to request (see below), Social Security Card, Final Disposition from the Court. Below are the steps and requirements to have a record expunged:
- Expungement refers to the purging of a Criminal History Record. O.C.G.A.35-3-37(b) provides for the Expungement of certain criminal records when approved by the prosecuting attorney or county solicitor. GCIC cannot expunge a criminal history without the approval of the attorney or solicitor.
- This application must be received by the arresting agency. The applicant must complete a request form for EACH ARREST to be expunged. The Henry County Police Department charges a processing fee of $25.00 for the Background check and $25.00 for the Expungement process.
- The Arresting Agency will send the applications to the appropriate person for APPROVAL or DENIAL. This process could take up to a month.
- After the request has been returned from the Court, the Applicant will be contacted to pick up the paperwork to take to GCIC for processing. If you wish to mail to GCIC, you may send a money order or certified check made payable to:
GEORGIA BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
GEORGIA CRIME INFORMATION CENTER EXPUNGEMENT P.O. BOX 370808
DECATUR, GA. 30037-0808
- As of 2009, GCIC will require a fee of $25.00 per Arrest to be expunged. This is in addition to the Police Department charges. GCIC only requires the fee once the request is approved by the attorney or solicitor. This fee is not refundable if the request is DENIED.
- Reason for being DENIED: Guilty, Nolo, First Offender, or Plea Bargain.
- To check the status of the request at GCIC, call 404-270-8396 or email email@example.com.