Domestic Violence Task Force
Are You a Victim?
Does Your Partner?
- Embarrass you with bad names and put-downs?
- Make you feel unable to make decisions?
- Blame you for how he or she feels or acts?
- Keep you from spending time with your family and friends?
- Intimidate or threaten you?
- Grab, push, pinch, shove, slap, or hit you?
- Destroy your property or threaten to kill your pets?
- Pressure you to do things sexually that you aren’t ready for?
- Tell you you’re a bad parent or threaten to take away or hurt your
- Control what you do, who you see or talk to, or where you go?
- Sometimes feel scared of how your partner will act?
- Constantly make excuses for your partner’s behaviors?
- Always do what your partner wants you to do instead of what you want?
- Believe that you can help your partner change if only you changed something about yourself?
- Stay with your partner because you are afraid of what your partner would do if you broke up?
Domestic Violence Power & Control Characteristics
Click on the graphic to view a larger version.
Last updated: Tuesday July 10 2012