Henry County Senior Citizen Service Centers provide meeting and/or activity space for senior related programs. Space may also be used by individuals or non-profit organizations for the purpose of non-profit activities supporting the seniors of Henry County. However, the Centers’ space is intended for use primarily by Center participants and clubs/groups that directly support activities provided by the department.
Requests for use of the senior center for a meeting or activity will be considered based on availability. Senior centers are not available for the benefit or self-promotion of individuals or commercial concerns. Permission to use a senior center does not constitute endorsement of a group’s policies or beliefs by the Senior Services Department. Senior Services reserves the right to revoke permission for the use of the senior center.
Groups and/or individuals using the senior center must observe the following regulations:
- Organization or individual must be located in or a resident of Henry County unless approved.
- County and County-Sponsored activities shall have first priority in scheduling. Thereafter the facilities will be assigned on a first requested basis.
- No user shall falsely represent or imply that its activities are sponsored or sanctioned by Henry County by virtue of its use of the building.
- Programs and meetings take place during normal hours of operation.
- Senior Services reserves the right to cancel or reschedule a meeting or space reservation at any time.
- Applications must be submitted and renewed annually.
- No fundraising activities, other than those which benefit Senior Services or other County Departments of non-profit affiliated businesses.
- No alcoholic beverages carried in or consumed on the premises.
- No weapons allowed.
- No smoking allowed in the building.
- Commercial soliciting is prohibited on Henry County owned property unless approved.
- No organized campaigning.
- Failure to comply with this policy and/or procedures established by the County and Senior Services may result in the suspension of use of the meeting space.
- The County Manager may impose any other requirement that is reasonable for the protection of persons or property.