|Address: 108 S. Zack Hinton Parkway, McDonough, GA 30253
Tel: (770) 288-6051 / Fax: (770) 288-8200
The Henry County Police Department is currently accepting applications for Certified Police Officers, and occasionally accepts applications for Non-Certified Officers. For online applications, please go to the Apply Online section of this website or call (770) 288-8205 to have an application mailed to you. Feel free to contact us for any additional questions.
Physical Agility Test
All applicants will have to pass a physical agility test. This test consists of push-ups, sit ups and an obstacle course. Once the physical agility testing is complete, all applicants are required to take a written examination, where they must achieve a passing score.
During this phase of the process, we will check your Criminal History, Driving History, Credit Report, Military Records, Past Employment, Personal References, etc.
This is known as the Hiring Board. A panel of Police Department employees will interview and ask questions of potential candidates.
Polygraph/Truth Verification Examination
This examination is based on the information package that you provided in your Background Investigation Booklet, and used to verify the truthfulness of the candidates answers.
After successful completion of the Oral Interview, you will then be scheduled for a psychological test, as well as any additional test or tests required by the medical psychologist.
A medical doctor’s examination, blood test, and urinalysis is required prior to employment.
- Initial Application: Must be 21 Years of Age
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Vision: 20/40 corrected in one eye and 20/20 corrected in the other eye with uncorrected vision of 20/100; color blindness is acceptable if not a significant deficiency.
- Driver’s License: Must have a valid license; and not withstanding three or more moving violations within a rolling three year time frame.
- Health & Well Being: Good Physical and mental health
- Character: Good Moral Character
- Criminal Record: No Felony convictions
- Domestic Relations: No domestic violence convictions
- Citizenship: Must be a United States Citizen
- If Veteran: Honorable Discharge