What are the requirements to become a registered voter in Georgia?
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a legal resident of Georgia
- Be at least 17 ½ years of age (at least 18 years of age to vote)
- Not be serving a sentence for a conviction of a felony involving moral turpitude
- Have not been found mentally incompetent by a judge
Am I registered?
Follow this link to find out if you are already registered, and the latest address we have for you. If your address is current, this will also tell you where to vote.
How old do I need to be to register and vote?
You can register when you are 17 ½, but cannot vote until you turn 18.
Can I register online?
Yes. In 2014, Secretary of State Brian Kemp introduced the OLVR (Online voter registration). To register online go Georgia’s Online Voter Registration System.
Can I register on Election Day?
No. In the state of Georgia you must register within 30 days before the election you want to vote in.
Do I need my voter Precinct Card to be able to vote?
No. Your voter precinct card is informational only. It gives you your voting location and the districts in which you live.
Can I register and early vote on the same day?
No. Georgia does not allow same day registration and voting. If you come to vote early but your registration has not been completed, you will be allowed to vote a Provisional Ballot.
How can I have my name removed from the voting list?
Send in a request in writing and we will remove your name from the voting list.
What is the process by which I may change the party with which I am registered?
In Georgia, you do not register by party. When there is a Primary, you select which party’s Primary you want to vote in. The only restriction is that if there is a Runoff, you must vote in the same party’s Runoff. General Elections have all candidates on the same ballot. You may vote however you choose in each race.
What are the different types of identification that can be used to vote?
- A Georgia driver’s license which was properly issued by the appropriate state agency
- A valid Georgia voter identification card or other valid identification card issued by branch, department, agency, or entity of the State of Georgia, any other state or the United States provided such identification card contains a photograph of the voter
- A valid United States passport
- A valid employee identification containing a photograph issued by any branch, department, agency or
Entity of the United State government, any state, county, municipality, board or authority
- A valid United State military identification card with photograph
- A valid tribal identification card with photograph
- A GA Weapons permit
Where can I obtain a registration application?
Applications may be found in the following locations:
- The Secretary of State website.
- Henry County Voter Registration & Elections Office
- Public Libraries
- Fire Stations
- Driver Services
- Military Recruitment Offices
- Other locations (Call 770-288-6448 for information)
Please note that the form must be completed and mailed to the address indicated on the form. An original signature is required on a voter registration application.