HENRY COUNTY- November 8, 2017—The Board of Commissioner approved the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety (G.O.H.S.) grant for the Henry County Police Department’s H.E.A.T. Program at the November 7 Commission meeting.
The $32,475.84 grant will help fund 20 percent of the H.E.A.T program’s salaries, benefits, operating expenses, travel and equipment for one sergeant and three officers. Henry County will be responsible for the remaining 80 percent and two addition in-kind officers.
The H.E.A.T. program enforces DUI, traffic and occupant safety laws as well as develops and implements ways to reduce impaired driving, speed-related injuries and fatalities and educate the importance of occupant safety to the citizens and visitors of Henry County.
Henry County’s match of the grant will be approximately $130,000 which is allocated in the current fiscal year budget.