Henry County Animal Care & Control
Low Cost Spay/Neuter Services
Statistics show that between six and eight million dogs and cats enter U.S. shelters every year; far too many to all find homes. Often these animals are the offspring of cherished family pets. Sadly, statistics show that approximately four million of these pets —about one every eight seconds—are put down in shelters each year. Too many pets and not nearly enough homes for them all. Spaying and neutering is a proven way to reduce pet overpopulation, helping to ensure that every pet has a family to love them! The solution to the problem of pet over population starts with each of us taking one small step: getting our owned pets fixed.
The Henry County Animal Care and Control Department is very proud to be able to offer pet owners a low cost way to have their pets fixed!! By partnering with Dr. Elizabeth Perry, DVM and her staff from Paradox Spay/Neuter Clinic, spay and neuter services are offered at the Henry County Animal Shelter, twice a month. Appointments are necessary and can be made by calling the shelter at (770) 288-7387.
Current pricing is as follows:
- Female dogs under 6 months of age and under 50 pounds - $65.00*
- Female dogs under 6 months of age and 50 – 65 pounds- $75.00 *
- Female dogs over 6 months and under 50 pounds - $75.00 *
- Female dogs over 6 months and 50-65 pounds - $85.00*
- Male dogs under 6 months of age and under 50 pounds - $60.00 *
- Male dogs under 6 months of age and 50 – 65 pounds - $70.00 *
- Male dogs over 6 months and under 50 pounds - $70.00*
- Male dogs over 6 months and 50-65 pounds - $80.00*
- Female cats - $55.00*
- Male cats - $35.00*
*Extra charges may apply for female dogs/cats that are pregnant.
*Surgery cannot be performed on female dogs that are in season (“in heat”)
Pets over 65 pounds or over 4 years of age cannot be accommodated at our outreach clinics.
All pets receive pain medication and go home the same day as the surgery. All surgical patients must be picked up by 4:30 p.m. on the day of surgery as this is when the shelter closes, NO EXCEPTIONS. For more information, please contact us during regular business hours.